Boho Organic Henna Oil, 100% eucalyptus oil, for natural henna body art.
A beautiful, rich aromatic oil to add to your henna mix for a wonderful colour.
Certified Organic by NASAA.
1. Mix your 50g of Organic Henna Powder with 100ml of liquid and 10ml to 15ml of organic essential oil to make a paste that looks similar to mashed potatoes.
2. Cover with cling wrap or a plastic bag and leave to sit at room temperature (between 20 & 28 degrees) for 4 hours. If the weather is cold leave for 8 hours.
3. Uncover your paste and scrape a little off the top. If the surface is brown and underneath a greenish colour, this is good because it means that the natural dye is being released from the powder.
4. Mix your paste well and squish out any lumps with a spoon.
5 Add 20mls more of liquid, a little at a time then mix well so that you have a paste that looks like yoghurt.
6. To check that the paste is ready put a little bit on your skin & and wait a couple of minutes before wiping it off. If it leaves a nice bright orange stain
you are ready to go!
7. Use a spatula and scrape your henna into a carrot bag or ziplock bag ready for coning or putting into your applicator bottle.
****Any leftover henna can be kept in the fridge for 3 days. After this time the henna will start to lose its colour so it’s better not to keep it longer than this. You can freeze the mix & this will make it last for 1- 3 months.
***Please note you can add Organic Molasses or sugar to your mix if you would like the paste to stick to the skin for longer. Adding sugar in humid climates is not recommended unless you are a professional and have been mixing your paste for a while. If you wish to add just a little use one teaspoon and add less liquid to compensate.