Cacao nibs are definitely one of the most powerful and delicious superfoods available! They are chocolate in its purest form, before anything else is added.
Cacao nibs have been fermented then dried and add a tasty crunch to meals. They have a deep chocolate flavour, slightly bitter and nutty. Perfect for adding them to your bircher muesli, granola, smoothies or even just snacking on during the day.
They don't call cacao a superfood for no reason, here's some of the top nutritional benefits it provides:
- Contains the 'bliss molecule' anandamide, creating a euphoric feeling and improves mood.
- Triggers the release of endorphins by the compound PEA or phenethylamine for an aphrodisiac effect.
- helps balance hormonal mood swings by serotonin (the happiness neurotransmitter) activity (perfect for PMS)
- Assists in prevention of blood clots and heart disease
- High in magnesium, excellent for bringing back vitality and increased energy levels
- High in sulphur which is good for skin, hair, nails and your liver!
- Provides good quality fats, aids in digestion and improves cognition.
What's not to love?